We are in the process of relocating and will post our 2019 schedule of classes once the move is complete.
Have you recently received a speeding ticket? Has the court or DMV ordered you to attend traffic school? We are the solution. Volunteers and CDL drivers are also welcome...+5 safe driving points on your driving record.
Did you know?
- If you are under age 20, you are not eligible to take a computer-based driver improvement course. You must enroll in a driver improvement clinic that provides classroom instruction. Also, a computer-based clinic will not meet the requirement of a commercial driver improvement clinic.
- "If DMV requires you to attend a clinic, you must complete an eight-hour driver improvement clinic. If you fail to satisfactorily complete the clinic within 90 days, your driving privilege will be suspended until you meet this requirement."
- You may be awarded 5 safe driving points, once every 24 months, after you successfully complete a driver
- The highest safe driving point balance you may accumulate on your driving record is 5 points
- If a court requires you to complete a clinic, the court determines if you will be awarded safe driving points
- If you hold a commercial driver's license (CDL) or committed an offense while operating a commercial motor
vehicle, and you are required to attend a driver improvement clinic, you must satisfactorily complete a
commercial driver improvement clinic designed specifically for commercial drivers. Source: DMVnow.
VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT BELOW regarding who should not attend a driver improvement class:
As stated on the DMV website...”Driver's license applicants, including CDL drivers, who fail the knowledge or behind-the-wheel examination three times will be required to successfully complete the applicable knowledge or in-vehicle component of a driver education course before they can take the examination a fourth time.
- Persons failing the knowledge test must take the classroom component of driver education
- Persons failing the road test must take the behind-the-wheel component of driver education
"Classes taken at a driver improvement clinic do not meet this requirement.”
What we offer:
Absolutely One Step Driver Improvement Clinic offers driver improvement courses in Hampton Roads Virginia. We are focused on providing high-quality service and customer satisfaction - we will do everything we can to meet your expectations. We seek to reduce traffic accidents and tickets through education in the areas of:
- Risk management
- Space recognition
- Timing evaluation
- Margin of safety
- Defensive driving
Our courses are fun and engaging! No outdated VHS tapes and we promise not to bore you with PowerPoint slides. We use state-of-the-art technology along with wide screen projectors and the must-have AAA modules to influence learning. Most importantly, we are DMV approved and our instructors are AAA certified. We are also certified and approved with the VA DMV to award commercial CDL and non-commercial classroom certificates.
Sign up online or give us a call at (757) 692-1233. "Don't delay, classes fill up fast."
We have 4 easy payment methods: cash, money order, cashier check, and all major credit cards. You may also pay on the day of class. Receive your certificate on the same day you complete the class.
Conveniently located in Hampton, Virginia just off of I-64 we proudly serve the surrounding communities of Newport News, Poquoson, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Yorktown, Gloucester county and Norfolk.
"Changing lives one student at a time"